If you’re gearing up for a trip to Albuquerque soon, whether it’s for business, a family trip, your honeymoon, or anything else, you’ve probably got at least a few ideas of places you want to visit, eat at, or explore while you’re here. If you’re not totally booked up already, and you’re still looking for ideas of places to check out, you’ll love this infographic that goes over the best places to check out and other highlights about the beautiful and interesting city of Albuquerque.
Art and Museums
Albuquerque is known for its abundance of museums and its emphasis on the arts, and has been recognized by various publications for these establishments’ importance. Some notable museums you won’t want to miss include:
- The National Museum of Nuclear Science and History
- Explora Science Center and Children’s Museum of Albuquerque
- Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
- National Hispanic Cultural Center
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
- Turquoise Museum
- Archeology and Material Culture Museum
- Tinkertown Museum
- Unser Racing Museum
Cuisine and Festivals
As for local flair and flavor, Albuquerque doesn’t disappoint there, either. New Mexico is known for its zesty hatch chilies, but that’s not all you’ll enjoy when you take a trip to this Southwestern destination. Some of Albuquerque’s top-rated spots on Yelp include:
- Frontier Restaurant (2400 Central Ave SE)
- The Grove Café & Market (600 Central Ave SE)
- Sadie’s of New Mexico (6230 4th NW)
- Nexus Brewery (4730 Pan American E Fwy NE)
- Standard Diner (320 Central Ave SE)
Albuquerque also hosts a variety of local festivals that you’re sure to love, too, including the famous Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, the New Mexico State Fair, the Rio Grande Arts and Crafts Festival, and the Gathering of Nations Pow-Wow, just to name a few. Don’t miss these special local events while you’re here!
Parks and Ballooning
The southwest of the United States is famous for gorgeous scenery and outdoor adventures. When you visit, you’ll love checking out the Sandia Peak Tramway, local balloon rides, the ABQ BioPark and Zoo, and so much more. Albuquerque also has a variety of dog parks, public ways, and beautiful greenery and mountains.
What are you most excited about for your Albuquerque trip? Book your stay at Barcelona Suites today and enjoy all Albuquerque has to offer!