Albuquerque is a popular vacation destination for many reasons, including its gorgeous scenery, endless food options, rich cultural history, and much more.
If you’ve never visited Albuquerque, you may be wondering what you should do during your time here. Wondering how you can make the most of your trip to Albuquerque? Take our quiz to find out what your vacation style is to unlock our suggestions!
1) What’s the first thing you want to do on your vacation in Albuquerque?
- Do something outdoorsy—This is the place to do it, after all!
- Go straight to the tourist spots to meet new people—Then I can ask them what the best things to do in Albuquerque are and plan from there.
- Stop for a bite to eat—I’m starving and ready to enjoy one of the many restaurants Albuquerque has to offer!
- Take in the culture—There is so much authentic Native American heritage here, and I can’t wait to learn more about it.
- Relax in my hotel suite—I need a day to unwind from all the traveling I did!
2) What does your vacation schedule look like?
- It’s full of activities—I barely have a spare minute in between all the biking and hiking I have planned!
- What’s a schedule?—I’m going to go with the flow and hopefully join in on some activities with my new vacation friends.
- It’s more of a to-do list of all the restaurants I want to go to—I hope I have time to visit them all!
- It’s packed—I have it all planned out so I can fit it in all my trips to the local museums and theaters.
- I don’t really have one—Other than my big plans of curling up in the hotel room with some take out food and a warm blanket. I’m pretty content with doing nothing.
3) What’s the most important feature for you in an Albuquerque hotel?
- A pool—Even if I’ve been hiking and going on adventures all day, I love nothing more than a relaxing swim. The hotel gets bonus points if they have an indoor and outdoor pool!
- A game area—I want to hang out and become friends with the other people at the hotel.
- A refrigerator—I always order a variety of dishes when I go out to eat so I can have leftovers to enjoy later on!
- A central location—I want to be close to everything going on in Albuquerque.
- A big comfy bed—I want to spend the majority of my vacation relaxing in my hotel suite, and a great bed is a must for me.
4) With whom are you going on this vacation?
- With my family—We love to experience new things!
- Just me—I love the idea of freedom during vacation.
- With my partner—We always do everything together.
- A few friends—We have a bucket list of things we want to do in Albuquerque.
- My dog—There’s nothing better than relaxing with my best furry friend!
5) Pick an annual Albuquerque event.
- The Earth Day Celebration—It’s my favorite holiday, after all!
- The Albuquerque Tango Festival—It’s the perfect opportunity to talk to people.
- The Southwest Chocolate and Coffee Fest—Coffee and chocolate….need I say more?!
- The Youth Nationals Arabian Horse Show—I’ve never been to anything like it.
- The International Balloon Fiesta—Watching all the colorful balloons is so relaxing for me.
Mostly As: The Nature Lover
You love to spend your free time outdoors, and you want to spend your vacation exploring as much as possible. In fact, you probably chose Albuquerque for the gorgeous scenery, tons of hiking trails, and endless adventure opportunities.
Our suggestion: Pick a hotel in close driving distance to all the city’s great trails.
Mostly Bs: The Outgoing Adventurer
Vacations are all about meeting new people for you. You gauge the success of a vacation by how many new friends you meet!
Our suggestion: Head to Old Town. This is a popular area where you’re sure to find new friends!
Mostly Cs: The Foodie
Vacations give you the perfect opportunity to try new foods and flavors—what could be better?
Our suggestion: Consult with our list of restaurants to find some local favorites to test out.
Mostly Ds: The Worldly Traveler
Traveling is important to you, and you want to experience as much of the world as possible. Lucky for you, Albuquerque is a highly cultural town.
Our suggestion: Go to the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center. It’s right up your alley!
Mostly Es: The Tranquil Traveler
To you, vacations are all about relaxation. If you never had to leave your Albuquerque hotel suite, you’d be a happy camper!
Our suggestion: Choose a spacious hotel suite that’s equipped with a TV and comfy bed so you can have a home away from home.
Thanks for taking our quiz! If you ever have any questions about booking a hotel suite in Albuquerque, get in touch with Barcelona Suites. Our team can offer suggestions for you during your trip here.